Cricket

Live Score

Followers

Friday, November 26, 2010

Will experiment work for Team India in ODI series against Kiwis?

Last time when Team India experimented with youngsters in a tri-nation tournament held in Zimbabwe in the month of May-June this year, Team India lost badly in that tournament. They lost twice against minnows like Zimbabwe and once against Sri-Lanka and failed to reach the finals as well. That team was captained by Suresh Raina and unfortunately for him that series was nightmare as a captain. Again Team India is experimenting with youngsters in upcoming ODI series against Kiwis which is starting on 28th Novemeber, 2010 and first ODI will be a day affair at Guwahati. I feel this time also Team India will fail because they don't have too many experienced players in this team except Gambhir, Raina and Yuvraj. Gautam Gambhir is captaining this side I feel sorry for him if Team India lose simply because he don't have fire-power. Ashish Nehra has been not included in the squad, Praveen Kumar will not feature in first ODI due to personal reasons and at the top Team India don't have Sachin or Sehwag to give them super start. It is a good idea to give youngsters a chance but you must have balanced side and I feel Team India lacks balance of experience and youth. Moreover their star player Yuvraj Singh will be low on confidence after his grade demotion in central contract and off-late he is not in great form as well.

On the other side there will be an eye on few youngsters like Saurabh Tiwary, Yusuf Pathan, R.Ashwin, Vinay Kumar and Ravindra Jadeja. For them this is a fantastic opportunity to cement their place in playing eleven but it happens only when these youngsters perform to their potential because Kiwis will be playing in this series with all their main players so it will be a tough series for these youngsters and believe me whoever pass this acid test will automatically come into the reckoning for World-Cup squad. There is also strong competition between Ravindra Jadeja and Yusuf Pathan for grabbing No.7 position and I feel this will inspire both of them to perform out of their skins.

After doing all the analysis I come to the conclusion that there is 30% chances for Team India to win this series and 70 % chances for Kiwis and analysis includes fielding, running between the wickets and team composition. As far as fielding and running-between the wickets are concerned Kiwi side is far superior and makes them favourite to win the ODI series.

No comments:

Post a Comment