First week of DLF-IPL is over and lot of extravaganza happened in first week itself whether it is sixes or injuries or big scores. To start with:
1. RC and DC who were finalists last year lost their first match to KKR which finished at bottom in last edition of IPL.
2. Yusuf Pathan hit the fastest century of the DLF-IPL in just 37 balls.
3. Most importantly as many as 8 players got injured in 1st week of IPL itself out of which 6 players were from India and 2 from International teams. This impact T20 World Cup heavily as more injuries will happen because of too much matches yet to be played.
4. 5 scores of more than 200 hundred scored in just 10 matches out of which MI scored 200 in twice in as many matches.
5. 102 sixes hit in just 10 matches means on an average 10 sixes approx. hit in each match.
6. Fast bowlers dominated the wicket tally but spinners dominated in containing the batters.
7. Praveen Kumar of RC picked up first hat-trick in this edition of IPL against RR.
8. Royal Challengers chased score of 200 successfully against KXIP which is rare in T20 cricket.
9. MI came out as formidable team in this edition while RR which was champion in 1st edition is the weakest team in this edition as they lost all 3 matches and their key players got injured.
10. Key foreign players missed the first week of IPL majority of them from New Zealand, Australia and England who are engaged in international ties at this moment.
So that was eventful first week of IPL got over and I feel coming week will be more eventful than the first where we will see more sixes, more centuries, more scores of 200, probably 250 as well.